McDermott has provided superior value and reliability to the water and wastewater industry for more than a century. We built our first elevated water storage tank in 1894, pioneered the transition to welded steel tanks in the 1930s, and developed the original Watersphere®, Waterspheroid® and Hydropillar® storage tanks.
We provide turnkey design-build services for water and wastewater projects, handling everything from concept through placement and service. This approach is possible because our people have extensive hands-on experience in all aspects of project development, from process selection and design, engineering, fabrication and procurement to foundations work, construction and painting.
Our reputation and history in the design and construction of water storage is unmatched. Over the past century, McDermott has built more than 25,000 elevated water tanks, pioneering better tank designs and storage. Our Waterspheroid and Hydropillar elevated tanks are the most popular styles in use today. Our cost-effective composite elevated tanks combine a reinforced concrete support pedestal with a steel tank. We also design and build reservoirs and standpipes—ground level tanks built for any capacity and dimension.
Specifications, Drawings and Brochures for Water Storage solutions (coming soon) :
- Soil Investigations for Elevated Tanks
- Waterspheroid® Elevated Tank Specification
- Waterspheroid® Elevated Tank Drawings
- Waterspheroid® Elevated Tank Brochure
- Composite Elevated Tank Specifications
- Composite Elevated Tank Drawings
- Composite Elevated Tank Brochure
- Hydropillar® Elevated Tank Specification
- Hydropillar® Elevated Tank Drawings
- Hydropillar® Elevated Tank Brochure
- Reservoir & Standpipe Specification
- Reservoir & Standpipe Brochure
- Protective Coatings for Welded Steel Reservoirs
McDermott’s experience in the design and construction of water storage is unmatched. Over the past century, McDermott has built more than 25,000 elevated water tanks, pioneering better tank designs and storage technologies. Our Waterspheroid® and Hydropillar® elevated tanks are the most popular styles in use today.
Both reservoirs and standpipes are ground-level water storage tanks that can be built to virtually any capacity and dimension. Reservoirs have a greater diameter than height, and standpipes have a greater height than diameter.