Regasification Import Terminals
McDermott has been a leader in the design and construction of LNG facilities for half a century. We provide a true EPC solution, performing the work from start to finish, and providing a lump sum price for the project. Our services include conceptual design, detailed engineering, material procurement, fabrication, project management, construction, permitting support, commissioning, startup and operator training.
A World Leader
We have extensive experience in LNG projects, so we understand our customer's business in-depth. Our portfolio of LNG projects includes more than 40 LNG terminals and peak shaving facilities and 200 LNG storage tanks. We have built marine regasification terminals for LNG customers in Puerto Rico, Turkey, Russia, the Dominican Republic, the United Kingdom and the United States, providing complete design, engineering, fabrication and construction of terminal receiving, storage, vapor handling and sendout systems.
More than a century of project management experience has given us the expertise to develop specialized solutions for our customers. We designed and built the first marine LNG storage and distribution terminal in the United States, and since that time we have developed a number of proprietary processes and technologies that benefit our LNG customers. Our recent technological advances include:
- Cost-efficient processes for condensing boil-off gas more economically
- Patented BTU reduction processes that seamlessly integrate into the design of regasification facilities for the management of gas heating value
- Semi-automatic ultrasonic equipment and test procedures for examining tank welds
These innovations allow us to design and build terminals that provide low total cost of ownership and enable our customers to meet quality and safety standards.
A True EPC Approach
We have the people and expertise to perform the entire project from start to finish with our own integrated resources. Our in-house operations include procurement offices, fabrication facilities and specialized construction crews around the world. Whenever possible, we direct-hire and train local labor.
Our people are highly skilled in the design and construction of the full scope of an LNG regasification terminal, including:
- Loading and offloading systems
- Boil-off and flash vapor handling systems
- Storage tanks and secondary containment
- Primary and secondary pumping
- Regasification process systems
- Fire/hazard detection and protection
- Communication and security-monitoring systems
- Civil, structural and foundations
- Process controls
- Piping systems
- Power distribution
We execute our LNG projects on an EPC lump sum, turnkey basis. This allows us to minimize capital costs, adhere to the project schedule, optimize the integration of plant processes and minimize the customer’s risk.