CB&I Storage Solutions has been at the forefront of the nuclear power industry since the first nuclear power plant in the United States became operational in 1958. There’s no partner more qualified or experienced to design and construct specialty components for nuclear power facilities.
We back our services with a global network of highly-qualified project managers, engineers, welders and quality assurance managers with the specialized expertise necessary to manage the paperwork, procedures and inspections required to build nuclear containment vessels, reactor vessels, spent fuel pool liners and plant components.
Solutions for the power and nuclear market include:
- Design of ASME, Section III, Division 1, nuclear containment vessels
- Field construction of containment vessels
- Erection of spent fuel pool liners, shield buildings and miscellaneous steel structures
- Modifications to containment vessels
- Modular assembly of large containment vessel segments
- Piping modifications and replacements
- Steam generator replacements
- Maintenance and outage support
A Higher Level of Quality and Safety
CB&I Storage Solutions combines unmatched experience with cutting-edge welding techniques and construction processes to deliver nuclear components of superior quality and efficiency. We have the appropriate ASME Stamps to perform work on nuclear power structures that require ASME certification, and our nuclear quality program is reviewed triennially by ASME to ensure the program meets their exacting standards.
We have constructed 130 containment vessels around the world, including 75 percent of all nuclear containment vessels in the United States. CB&I Storage Solutions has also supplied 41 reactor pressure vessels, including eight that were field-erected, and has exceeded 10 million hours of performing repairs, modifications and maintenance to nuclear plants in operation.