Liquefaction Export Terminals
McDermott has both the expertise and knowhow to deliver proven low-cost solutions as well as cutting edge designs incorporating state-of-the-art equipment and the latest digital technology.
Drawing upon our global resources in engineering, procurement, fabrication and construction, McDermott is able to deliver an integrated vertical solution to our clients across the entire LNG value chain from upstream through liquefaction.
Experience and Innovation
Since our first LNG project in 1958, McDermott continues to design and execute world class LNG projects.
- 1965: Designed and constructed the first LNG peak shaving plant in the United States
- 1971: Designed and constructed the first LNG marine import terminal in Boston, Massachusetts, USA
- 1986: Designed and constructed the first concrete full containment LNG storage tanks at Das Island, Abu Dhabi, UAE
- 2010: Designed and constructed the first baseload liquefaction plant in South America at Pampa Melchorita, Peru
- 2011: Developed and received approval for the first Russian LNG Design Dossier (Proyekt) for Yamal LNG
We have the people and experience to perform an entire LNG project from start to finish. Our in-house operations include engineers, supply chain experts, fabrication facilities and specialized construction crews around the world. Moreover, our LNG subject matter experts work directly with our customers and process licensors from the earliest phase of a project all the way through operations, aftermarket support and consulting services.
Download the LNG liquefaction brochure (digital version)