Storage facilities play a crucial role in the oil and gas supply chain. We are proud to design and build storage systems and terminals that help customers balance short-term demand fluctuations while providing an additional source of supply to manage disruptions.
Available as standard designs or engineered for custom applications, our storage solutions range in size up to 1.5 million barrels and accommodate geographic and climate factors such as temperature, wind, seismic and precipitation extremes. A full range of services, broad product offerings and in-house expertise from engineering to commissioning allows CB&I to provide customers with the optimal solution to their specific needs.
Upstream, Downstream & Everything in Between
We have a solution for every sector in the supply chain. CB&I provides storage for raw products such as crude oil and natural gas liquids for upstream customers. We offer storage solutions for many of the same raw products for midstream customers, while also providing process systems and vessels for processing raw products into refined products. In the downstream sector, we design and build storage terminals, vessels and process systems at the customers' facility.
Solutions for the oil and gas market include:
- Atmospheric and ambient temperature tanks
- Storage terminals for bulk liquids and refrigerated products
- Low temperature and cryogenic storage systems
- Pressure spheres
A single source for comprehensive services:
- Feasibility studies and front-end engineering design for early project development
- Turnkey engineering, procurement and construction solutions for projects that reach final investment decision
- Inspections and repairs for existing storage vessels