We help our customers achieve their sustainability targets by designing solutions to capture, convert and store energy that might otherwise be wasted.
CB&I has designed and constructed more chilled water Thermal Energy Storage (TES) systems than any other company in the world. Hundreds of our TES systems are in use today providing energy-efficient solutions in a variety of countries and climates. We have provided systems ranging from 400 ton-hours to 269,000 ton-hours, including the world’s largest at 160,000 ton-hours, shifting 20,000 tons with a single tank.
Advancing Our Technology to Meet Future Demands
Other forms of stored energy include compressed and liquid air as well as hydrogen and ammonia. CB&I is a proven leader in liquid hydrogen (LH2) and other forms of low temperature and cryogenic energy storage systems. As the energy transition gains traction, we will continue to advance our technology and refine our portfolio of storage solutions to meet the future demands of our customers.
Cost-Effective & Unique EPC Approach
At CB&I, we deliver cost-effective customer solutions through our unique EPC approach, designing and building projects turnkey while self-performing the work from concept to commissioning and providing a lump sum price for the project.
Our sustainable storage solutions and process systems include:
- TES tanks
- Gaseous or liquid hydrogen storage
- Liquefied air and related storage vessels
- Compressed air and related storage vessels
- TES process guarantees for thermal performance
- Power to gas (hydrogen electrolysis)
- Hydrogen to fuel cell or gas fired power generator
- Liquid air (air pre-treatment, liquefaction, storage, vaporization and power generation)
- Compressed air (air compression, handling systems and power generation)
- Studies to identify the best technical and economic solutions for our customers
Learn more about our energy storage solutions: