Total indirect greenhouse gas (GHG) emissions from oil and gas operations are estimated to be approximately 5,200 million tonnes of carbon-dioxide equivalent ( CO2
e) annually. This means that the production process contributes 15 percent of total energy sector GHG emissions. Our NetZero solutions help tackle this issue.
What We Do:
We’ve developed multiple pathways to decarbonize facilities through three considerations across the emissions lifecycle of a facility:
Our experience, innovation and technology-centric approach puts net-zero offshore and subsea facilities within reach: whether brownfield or greenfield.
We bring optimal solutions to achieve carbon neutrality related to airborne and liquid emissions and account for all aspects of the production value chain. Our approach applies unique design principles to:
- Minimize carbon intensity
- Minimize infrastructure
- Minimize total expenditure
- Maximize the use of new technology
- Maximize technology readiness
We’ve demonstrated that a 2% increase in total expenditure can deliver up to:
We offer pathways to Net Zero via
- Concept studies
- Pre front-end engineering and design (Pre-FEED)
- Front-end engineering and design (FEED)
- Engineering, procurement and construction
- Comparative assessment of power supply including availability strategy, PPA & micro-gird dimensioning
- Offsetting options
- Fugitive emission prevention
- Design flare out
- Monitoring & control technologies to ensure remote operations & integrate asset performance management
- Calculate embedded carbon and EPCI footprint
A Unique Collaboration:
Our NetZero Upstream solutions combine the industry-leading expertise of McDermott, Schneider Electric and io consulting to create an opportunity for customers to significantly reduce the impact of their upstream facilities. This alternative solution minimizes lifecycle facility GHG emissions and creates potential to apply the learnings to other upstream facilities.
Our people bring diverse, robust skill sets ranging from project and operational experience with decades in the oil and gas industry to innovative thinkers from other industry segments.
Contact us to explore the possibilities of NetZero Upstream.