Module Fabrication & Assembly
McDermott is globally recognized and respected for having the resources to deliver the most complex modular solutions. Modularization can be considered for all process plant projects and can provide a number of benefits:
- Decreases risk associated with field construction
- Reduces on-site construction personnel
- Pre-assembly in a controlled shop environment minimizes incremental weather conditions
- Achieves higher productivity
- Reduces overall cost and delivery schedule, resulting in earlier startup, production and market entry
While any of our fab yards can also fabricate modules, we have module-specific operations based in Lake Charles, Louisiana, U.S.; Fort Saskatchewan, Alberta, Canada; both Sattahip and Kasempol, Thailand; and through McDermott Wuchuan, a 50-50 joint venture between McDermott and China Shipbuilding Industry Corporation. The Lake Charles facility provides easy barge access to the Gulf of Mexico and road access to Interstate 10. The Fort Saskatchewan facility is located on the Canadian heavy haul highway, with easy access to northern Alberta and all parts of Canada. Our Thailand shops provide global support to the Asia, Middle East and Africa regions. McDermott Wuchuan caters to the FPSO/FLNG and offshore/onshore module construction market and is located in Qingdao Bay, with the open sea less than five miles from the yard.