Summer Internship Program
The Summer Internship Program offers students an opportunity to spend their summer learning about how McDermott serves our clients and the energy industry globally. Offering positions to multiple disciplines and functions, a summer internship at McDermott will allow for students to learn, develop, network with and work alongside McDermott’s most valuable assets, our people.
During this 12-week program, students will be working on a project that supports initiatives that are aligned with McDermott’s goals and visions. With intentions to develop and improve soft-skills, our summer interns are expected to participate in professional development activities frequently.
Depending on the current business demand, internship opportunities are available in, but not limited to, the following functions: Engineering, HR, IT, SCM, and Finance.
While in the program, participants will:
- Develop an awareness of the services McDermott offers to its customers
- Work alongside their internship supervisor to support the functional team they are a part of
- Participate in several professional development workshops arranged and facilitated by local HR
- Receive advice and coaching through a formal mentorship with an assigned mentor
Who should apply:
- Any student completing coursework to obtain a degree, or recent graduates, from an institution of higher-education
- Those who can work in the city/state/country in which the position will be located
- Hardworking, eager, enthusiastic, collaborative, and passionate individuals with good communication skills who want to learn about McDermott and gain experience in one of the world’s largest EPCI organizations
- Those who will be available during the entire internship timeframe outlined – late May to early August
Recruitment – North, Central and South America (NCSA)
Recruitment begins in the Spring of the internship year.
Typical recruitment timeline is as follows:
What applicants can expect:
- Late February: List of candidates for interviews determined
- Mid-March: Phone interviews with candidates
- Late March: Face-to-face interviews conducted
- Mid-April: Selected candidates confirmed and offers extended
- You will only be considered for the position if you are seeking a degree that aligns with the functional area or meets the requirements of the position
- Selection is based on several things: relevance to functional area of job posting; previous experience related to the job; past and current leadership and extracurricular involvement; degree seeking, etc.
- You must be able to commit to the entire duration of the internship; typically, late May – early August*
- All interns will be offered an hourly rate
Why you should work at McDermott:
- Leader in the global energy infrastructure market
- Offices located worldwide (54 countries to be exact!) providing international opportunities after graduating from the program
- Growing end markets and strong backlog of work
- Industry-leading safety performance
- Military-friendly employer
- Focus on career development
- Collaborative and inclusive culture
* - Exceptions to the statements above will require approval by the program manager.